Geography and GIS Blogs
Of course, to find out new things, I take a look at one or the other website that deals with GIS Or geoinformatics in general. You can find them here:
- GIS Lounge
Maps and GIS by Caitlin Dempsey Morais. She has been blogging about GIS for more than 20 years.
- GIS Geography
Blog about GIS and Geographie.
- Free and Open Source GIS Ramblings
Anita Graser's blog about QGIS, open source, analysis and simulation.
- Geospatial World
How does location localization affect us?
Blog about GIS, geodata and everything that goes with it.
GIStimes is for everything that happens on the geodata market.
- GIS Professional
GIS news and articles about GNSS, Big Data, Addressing, BIM, and Smart Cities.
- Google Maps Blog
Google Maps blog.
SaaS provider CartoDB also runs a very interesting GIS blog.
- Reddit r/gis GIS-Community
A Reddit community about geographic information systems.
Geodata, analysis, programming.
GIS and technology news for mapping experts.
- Esri Newsroom
GIS themes for .NET developers.
There is also a much larger list of links to GIS Blogs on Wiki.GIS (http://wiki.gis.com/wiki/index.php/List_of_GIS-related_Blogs). By the way, Wiki.GIS is a very extensive GIS encyclopedia.
Table of contents
Updated 12 October 2021 at 21:16 GMT+2
About The Author
Hi, I'm Max (he/him). I am a geospatial developer, author and cyclist from Rosenheim, Germany.
Have you published a response to this? Send me a webmention by letting me know the URL.
Found no Webmentions yet. Be the first!
- In this article i want to show you how you can build your own Mapnik stylesheet for displaying any data from PostgreSQL/PostGIS. The Mapnik Stylesheet XML can be used for a tile-server with your custom style.
- Inspired by Aaron Parecki and who he has been tracking his location since 2008 with an iPhone app and a server side tracking API i decided to go for a similar approach. I wanted to track my position constantly with my Android smartphone and use the data to display a map with all locations i have ever been to.
- Step-by-step guide explaining how to fetch data from Garmin Connect, store it in Strapi and visualize it with NextJS and React-Leaflet.